IoT Developer – Golang/C/C++/Python – Embedded Linux
What is this about?
We’re a small group of veteran entrepreneurs seeking to disrupt the established century-old industry of electrical control and distribution. We’re building up the team and are seeking a few amazing individuals that can share our vision of building a fantastic product that will save energy and be used by millions.
We’ve already secured our financing and we have committed strategic partners on-board, so it’s really up to us to execute and make sure we bring value to customers through the product we’re creating.
If you’re an expert at embedded Linux;
If you want to build something real with disruptive potential; and
If you want to work with a small, dedicated and effective team.
Then, you should apply right away. (Or read-on to get details of who we’re looking for.)
You should be an expert in:
- Embedded Linux, with knowledge of Yocto and Poky and UNIX Shell Scripting;
- C/C++, with programming knowledge on Linux and ARM Cortex M4/M7 MCUs;
- Python, with knowledge of a test framework such as Robot Framework;
- And if you are familiar with Golang and/or gRPC on Linux embedded, all the better.
And this is what we’d expect of you:
- Modify and maintain custom Linux distribution created with Yocto and Poky;
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code (following SOLID principles);
- Design, implements and test low-latency, high-availability applications;
- Implement and/or integrates user-facing elements with embedded server-side logic;
- Implement and/or integrates real-time elements with embedded server-side logic;
- Test and validate overall solution;
- Maintain continuous integration (CI);
- Implement security and data protection in their solution;
- Integrate data storage solutions such as SQLITE and REDIS;
- Create REST API and gRPC API in Golang on Linux embedded systems;
- Integrate elements that are using low bandwidth communication protocols such as Modbus-RTU/TCP and BLE.
You will be part of an experienced start-up team where:
- Your voice will be heard and you will feel the impact of your work;
- You won’t lose time in endless meetings or presentations;
- You will work hard and have fun doing it.
Our offices are located in downtown Montreal, near Bonaventure Station.